Hellion was the first to build a turbo system for the Challenger in 2008 and has now set the bar in performance for the RAM 1500 TRX truck!
The performance level for the factory supercharged 6.2L truck is a great start for an amazing vehicle. Hellion has now built a twin turbo system to take the supercharged 6.2 to the next level. Yes, compound boost! We mainstreamed this technology over 15 years ago and now we bring it to the TRX platform.
The design of this system works by keeping the factory supercharger installed and adding twin turbos. We turbocharge the inlet of the blower with a factory looking intake pipe. This is the first stage of boost. The supercharger then creates the second stage and boosts the engine with a compounded total. Example: 3 psi springs in the wastegates make 3 psi before the blower and makes 14 psi overall at the engine. What this means is you can have the performance and feel of a supercharged monster with the boost adjustability of a true twin turbo kit – the best of both worlds. For those who are looking for twin turbo only, we offer the beautiful American made Demon performance intake manifold option. The system will plumb to the intake and keep the factory hood scoop! –THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
The factory heat exchanger does a great job of cooling the intake charge while the turbos produce efficient boost to aid in power production. This kit can be adjustable from a little above stock to over 1600+ RWHP. So, if you are looking for a small bump in power to start with or a larger jump later, this is your kit.
This kit installs easily without cutting or modifying anything in the truck. It includes large 3″ piping and comes standard with billet ball bearing 62/62R Hellion turbochargers (multiple options available depending on budget/ultimate power goal). Every little detail was thought of, including a supplied Turbosmart e-Boost2 boost controller with RPM control. The power of this kit is released with the adjustability of a boost controller from right inside the car. Let’s say you want to be mild and keep the power down to a few psi, just set the controller to stage 1. If you head to the track and want to add 7 psi for instance, just reach over, and simply change to 7 – it’s that easy. No pulleys or belts to change – basically unlimited power at the touch of a button!
- Complete tuner kit with the turbo intake pipes routed up to the factory air box/hood scoop
- Multiple turbo options available (twin 62/62R-standard, 64/66R, 68/70R, 71mm)
- Twin Turbosmart Hypergate 45 wastegates
- Turbosmart Race port bypass valve
- American Made Stainless steel piping (comes standard with a lifetime warranty)
- Heavy duty silicone hoses for all connections
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps
- Exclusive “industry leading” Hellion oiling system for turbochargers
- All necessary bolts, nuts, hardware needed for installation
- Complete instruction set to assist with at “at home” installations
- System built to be daily driven in all weather conditions-no worries about water or debris!
The next major leap in performance is finally here! Hellion has released the all new next generation of performance turbochargers with the R series. Constructed from the ground up, these turbos feature all-new quick spool (low drag) ceramic dual ball bearing air-cooled center sections and high-flow compressor housings with billet compressor wheels. This unit comes standard with a 2-year warranty.